I've been meaning to write about the morning Griffin was born because too easily you forget the details of important days like that. I know that's suppose to happen, but I would like to remember SOME parts of Griffin's day. This is all from MY perspective, but feel free to ask Telly how HE thinks things went.
I had my first contraction, that felt a little different from other contractions I had been having, at around 11:30 when we were headed to bed. It didn't last very long and I didn't have another one for at least 20 min, so I thought I was ok. I kept having them, but they weren't very close together (like 20 min apart). After a few more I decided to get up and "get in the tub" like I tell everyone who calls the hospital to do. While I was in the tub, I had a contraction or two and when I got out of the tub it was 2:20 am. I told myself "I'm not in labor because I need to be having more contractions & I'm going to bed." I got in bed and had another contraction that hurt pretty bad, but I told Telly to just give me a minute and I'd be fine. He got up and started getting dressed and then made me get in the car. When we were driving to the hospital I kept thinking it was silly we were going cause my contractions really weren't very close together.
While we were driving we were trying to decide if we were going to drop Macee off at Kade and Katie's house or have Kade meet us at the hospital. Luckily he was still awake, so he just met us at the front doors to get Macee. We pulled up to the hospital doors about 3:00 am.
When they checked me I told them "don't tell me I'm only a 3 or I'll be mad." Well, I wasn't a 3 I was a 9. I think I was more sad and worried about that then if I would have been a 3. The anesthesiologist had to come from home, so I was worried I was going to miss my epidural. Luckily, the anesthesiologist was awesome and gave me a CSE (it takes effect much quicker than a normal epidural) and I was comfy for the delivery. They broke my water and a minute later Griffin was here.
Griffin was born at 3:47 am weighing 7# 8oz and 19 in long. He looked completely different than Macee did. Telly said he wanted to go to the nursery and find the baby that looked like Macee cause he thought they had switched our baby.
After it was all over it seemed like a dream cause it happened so fast. I'm so glad I had such fabulous people there to take care of me, Nanci, Kirsha, Angee, Dawn, Angie, Barry, Brian and of course, TELLY. You guys rock!!




1 comments:
Kristin, I don't think I ever heard how quickly Griffin came!
I showed up at the hospital at 9 cm once as well. Same story as you. I thought they'd send me home because they weren't very regular. Those are the best labors ever!
He is sure a cutie.
Post a Comment